Spain

Spain

Friday, October 15, 2010

I Love Friday

Hello everyone!
The sunny day ended with a beautiful sunset 

This was the first week of lecture and seminar. It was a bit intimidating in one of my seminars but I think (or I hope) that in time I will be able to feel more comfortable in my smaller group sessions.

I don't know if I told you but I need to take a stat class! Ahhh! You know me and math, we don't really click but I think this will be ok. I am not feeling as nervous about it as I was earlier.

St Paul's Cathedral 
Mosaic across the Thames 
I had a stressful week but so far the weekend has been great and interesting! On Tuesday I saw 3 really diverse and fantastic bands at Madame Jo Jo's and was introduced to the band Glasser. They are a really stellar band. Although my other Global peers and I learned that the British are "too cool" to dance. I mean they don't even move their arms or heads. They don't even sway or tap their feet. The four of us were dancing up a storm to the rocking techno beats and giving it our all while the Brits simply stared and judged. It was a real sight.

If you aren't dancing you aren't living.

We found delicious pizza which is priced by weight and so if you get a less popular pizza then its cheaper but where's the fun in that?

My next plan is to find a great hip hop club....wish me luck with that. Hopefully there are some people in  London who actually enjoy movement.
Giant Fish head at Borough Market

I went to the Soho area and it is crowded every night of the week. It is the hip, theatre district and they have great bars and clubs (also where the awesome pizza place is located). And we found a bar called Argyle that serves one beer for 2.27 pounds a pint! Thats crazy for soho and London in general.

Today me and some of the other global students went to Borough Market, tasted every sample imaginable and then made out way along the thames to a wine and cheese "fest" which was more like a smaller version on Borough Market but they did have some nice wine.

Tomorrow is Spitalfields Market to decorate my drab dorm room and then off to a Rugby game...


New words:

Global Students
Hipsters: too cool for everyone, tight pant wearing, ray bands, grandma glasses, chimney sweeper boots, suspenders, bow ties, plaid shirts, brick lane living, 20 somethings). They exist in the US but I think they originated in London.

Bobbles- ornaments. Haha

The British also like to sign their text messages with "xo" its sort of off-putting but it grows on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment